A great opportunity to join our innovative brewing team at the Black Sheep Brewery, in the picturesque market town of Masham, North Yorkshire, as a Site Engineering Technician.
The role is to support the Production Functions of Black Sheep Brewery at their Brewing and Packaging sites to ensure all work completed Complies with Engineering and Safety Legislation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, hold excellent communication skills and share the same enthusiasm as we do about our beer.
ACCOUNTABILITIES/DUTIES OF THE ROLE
- Champion quality, safety, health, environmental standards and legal compliance within the engineering team.
- Support and develop improvements to production equipment to drive site reliability targets. Facilitation of problem solving activities with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Contractor management and issuing of permits to contractors in line with site permit procedures.
- Complete Planned preventative maintenance activities in line with the site plan.
- Organising and managing work in relation to facilities and site infrastructure.
- Developing plans and practices that reduce the site utilities consumption. Championing environmental performance to reduce site overheads.
- Supporting and managing the site utilities and services equipment to optimise operation and maximise reliability of the equipment.
- Working with the operations teams to identify problems and resolve them
- Practical Engineering / Technical experience with a proven track record of maintenance delivery
- Strong interpersonal and communication are essential
- A Strong multi-skilled background (ideally with an electrical bias) able to understand root cause of machine breakdown and develop solutions to engineer out.
- Develop principles of operation and change over and work with production teams to train and develop operators.
- Ability to manage contractors, review risk assessment and method statements and issue permits
- Understanding of the site utilities and services.
- Shows a clear desire to achieve success
- Has a clear, consistent focus on improving ways of working
- Engages with others in order to gain their support
- Uses their role to positively contribute to the larger team that is Black Sheep
- Welcomes and takes action on feedback received from others
- Shows courage and confronts all challenges (people and tasks)
(Suggestions – educational e.g. GCSEs, vocational e.g. NVQs, technical, health and safety)
Qualified to ONC, BTEC NVQ LEVEL 3 or Equivalent in an Engineering Discipline
Health & Safety experience/knowledge.
Food production experience.
For the right candidate additional relative training may be available.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
This is a permanent, full time position and comes with the usual benefits, plus some that come from working in a brewery.
There is a strong management structure in place to aid and improve the successful candidates ability’s and ensure you have to skills to succeed.
Contact [email protected] to submit your application or for more information.