The Black Sheep Brewery plc is an independent, award winning brewery in Masham, North Yorkshire and we are looking for:
To be part of an exciting new venture at Black Sheep brewery. To help implement and operate all bottle/can/keg operations. To shape and lead the team responsible for day to day operations on the new packaging lines. To drive and maintain the high quality standards the brewery has a great reputation for.
- Leading the packaging team in production of high quality Black Sheep products, whether packaged into keg, bottle or can.
- Leading the HACCP and Quality teams to BRC quality standards.
- Monitoring and continuous improvement of processes within packaging to the highest operational and performance standards.
- Monitoring/controlling the beer processing team who are responsible for bringing the beer to packaging quality.
- Managing/implementing quality control systems on all packaged products.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all packaging equipment and the upkeep and improvement in the highest Health & Safety standards.
- Tight control of stockholding from raw materials through to final package.
- Liaising with suppliers of equipment to maintain and manage a smooth operation of equipment on a day to day basis.
- High speed bottle/can packaging operation knowledge.
- Understanding of food safety principles
- A complete understanding of health and safety principles/management and implementation.
- Experience managing Teams and building a successful productive/positive culture.
- Competent IT skills particularly Excel/Word.
- Experience in beer processing ready for packaging
- High personal and quality standards.
- Self-motivated, excellent planning and organisation competency.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Technical understanding and competence particularly in Bottling and canning.
- Experience in management of high speed packaging in a FMCG environment.
- Experience in development and maintenance of food safety standards to BRC standard.
- Health & Safety experience/knowledge.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team leadership experience
- Relevant degree in science/manufacturing.
- High degree of computer systems literacy.
- Health & Safety IOSH/NEBOSH qualifications.
- Brewing industry experience.
Salary £26,000 to £32,000 per year, depending on experience.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Rachel Loadman at [email protected]