The Black Sheep Brewery plc is an independent, award-winning brewery in the beautiful town of Masham, in the Yorkshire dales. We have an exciting opportunity for a reliable Compliance Manager to join our team.
Your key responsibilities, but not exhaustive, will be:
- The implementation and upkeep of quality systems across all the Black Sheep Brewery sites, including, SALSA beer plus, BRC and FEMAS.
- Leading external audits and drive behind the internal audit system.
- Ensuring all departments are compliant with food safety requirements and non-conformance reporting.
- Quality control of raw materials through external audit and intake.
- Being a key link and developing relationships with the local regulating bodies.
- Communication with relevant site managers guiding on food safety practice.
- Part of the site health and safety steering team.
- Packaging or food production operation knowledge.
- Excellent Understanding of food safety principles.
- Great communication skills.
- Understanding of health and safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in quality systems and audit in a FMGC or similar environment.
- Experience in development and maintenance of food safety to accreditation standard.
- Knowledge of health and safety in a manufacturing environment
- Degree in science/ diploma in brewing or similar.
For the right candidate, additional relative training may be available if there are gaps in the above requirements.
Applicants must be computer literate and have exceptional attention to detail, a methodical approach to work and excellent organisation skills would be advantageous.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week. Salary is negotiable on experience.
A full job description is available on request.
Applicants should forward a current CV and covering letter to Rachel Loadman by email at: email@example.com